Return Loss & Insertion Loss Testing
Tech Optics offers a range of return loss and insertion loss test equipment in single channel, multichannel and bi-directional configurations. Contact us to discuss your application with our knowledgeable technical staff.
The Industry’s Fastest & Most Accurate Optical Return Loss Meters.
OptoTest’s new OP960 Series Insertion Loss (IL) and Return Loss (RL) Meters build on the well proven capabilities of the fastest RL meters in the industry, the OP940 Series, with increased speed and enhancements that make them even easier to use. A larger and sharper touchscreen, built-in Ethernet capability, and upgraded cases and components make the OP960 the preferred choice for fiber optic cable manufacturers looking for a complete, simple, and accurate testing solution with a small footprint.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Faster Testing Speeds
A measurement time of two seconds per channel, using the front panel in Dual ILRL mode or via software, is over 30% faster than the previous industry leader, the OP940. Testing 24 fiber MPO using the OP960 in the same mode yields a 24 second savings compared to the OP940.
Simple and Touch-Free RL Measurements
The OP960 performs RL measurements without mandrel wraps or index matching gel for quicker tests with fewer manual operations.
Bigger and Sharper Touchscreen
The OP960 touchscreen has 35% more area and 70% more pixels than the OP940 for improved ease of use. Simple front panel controls are easy to navigate without sacrificing functionality. IL and RL can be tested simultaneously with results updating in real time. Help menus are readily accessible on every screen to guide you through the features and options.
Built-in Ethernet Capability
Remote operation is now possible when you design a custom testing solution via OPL-SDK.
Upgraded Cases and Components
The OP960 is designed with durability in mind and housed in a new case that is sturdier than ever, making it possible to stack equipment on top. Improved components and circuitry increase reliability and extend service life long into the future.
The OP940 system is an insertion loss (IL) and return loss (RL) meter that features a colour LCD screen, an optical reflectance scan mode, programmable pass/fail for editable test criteria and on screen context help. Additionally, the OP940 can measure return loss (RL) at two positions simultaneously through the front panel and it offers expandable functionality. As with our other IL/RL systems, the OP940 measures RL quickly and accurately without the need for mandrel wrapping or the use of index matching gel, and is available in Single Mode, Multimode, and FTTX variants.
- Fully automated, concurrent IL and RL displayed simultaneously
- Front panel optical reflectance trace
- Manually adjust RL reference position and value
- Measures RL at multiple connection points through the front panel
- Programmable pass/fail for multiple test criteria
- Various detector options for measuring simplex to multi-fibre connectors
- On screen help
- Configurable timer settings, such as dwell times
- User accessible source connector
- Colour display
- Intuitive operation
- Can be controlled remotely via USB
- Integrated temperature monitoring
- Convenient benchtop size
- Wide dynamic range for RL measurements:
- SM, FTTX: 10dB to 80dB
- MM: 10dB to 58dB
The OP725 is an optical switch for single mode or multimode applications available in a slim-line, half-rack enclosure. This optical switch is USB powered and incorporates the latest technology in high-speed switching. With high repeatability and low loss, the OP725 is ideally suited for bidirectional testing.
Paired with our OP940 Insertion & Return Loss Meter, operators can make quick work of measuring both ends of cables in a truly bidirectional manner.
The OP725 can be connected to the OP940 via USB to allow control of bidirectional switching via the OP940’s front panel controls or in OPL-PRO software.
It can also be used in more complex, multi-instrument configurations with other OptoTest instruments
(for example, an OP710) and OPL-MAX / OPL-LOG software.
- Fully automated, concurrent dual wavelength IL and RL measurements with no mandrel wrapping
- Bidirectional operation; measuring total insertion loss and individual return loss
- External power meter for uni-directional operation
- On-board, InGaAs optical power meter features measurement range reaching -65dBm
- Available in multimode and single mode
- Quad-wavelength (FTTX) single mode model also available upon request
- Controlled launch condition (underfill, fully filled, overfill) available for multimode fiber
- Wide dynamic range on return loss measurements: 10dB to 80dB for single mode 10dB to 58dB for multimode
- Can be controlled remotely via USB using OPL series software or OptoTest DLLs
- Integrated temperature monitoring
- Convenient benchtop size (19-inch rackmount frame available upon request)
The compact multichannel OP940 is an internally switched Insertion Loss (IL) and Return Loss (RL) meter designed for MPO/MTP® testing. With a design that reduces setup time, cost, risk, and footprint, the OP940-CSW is the evolution of the MPO/MTP® testing experience that is used worldwide by industry leaders. The fastest and most accurate IL and RL test system in the industry is better than ever.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Simplified Test Setup
The compact multichannel OP940 measures quickly and accurately without the use of mandrels or index matching gel.
Fastest IL/RL Measurement
A 12 channel, dual wavelength, IL and RL test with the compact multichannel OP940 takes less than 40 seconds.
The compact design of the OP940-CSW significantly reduces time and cost. With an MPO/MTP® front panel interface, there is no need to use expensive fanout cables that over-complicate the cable setup. The reference and measurement processes are faster, more efficient, and less prone to error than ever before.
Most Accurate RL Measurement
The compact size of the OP940-CSW was achieved without compromising quality or accuracy. By making use of a wide dynamic range (SM, FTTX: -10dB to -80dB) for RL measurements, the OP940-CSW is able to adjust for attenuation in the reference setup, which results in the most accurate RL results in the industry.
(* MTP is a registered trademark of US Conec Ltd)
For further information please contact our expert team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)1732 770 456
The OP940-SW is a multichannel insertion loss (IL) and return loss (RL) meter designed for testing ribbon cables and multi-pin termini. It features a colour LCD screen, an optical reflectance scan mode, programmable pass/fail for editable test criteria and on screen context help. Additionally, the OP940 can measure return loss (RL) at two positions simultaneously through the front panel and it offers expandable functionality. As with our other IL/RL systems, the OP940 measures RL quickly and accurately without the need for mandrel wrapping or the use of index matching gel, and is available in Single Mode, Multimode, and FTTX variants.
By incorporating a high-quality MEMS optical switch, the OP940-SW is able to quickly and accurately test multichannel cables. It can be built with 4 and up to 24 channels and all source connectors are easily accessible to minimize downtime on high volume production lines in case of optical end-face damage.
- Measures Multi-fibre and Ribbon Cables in Seconds
- Produces All-In-One Cable Datasheet
- Front Panel Optical Reflectance Trace for each Channel
- Set Return Loss Reference Position and Value
- Measures Return Loss at Multiple Connection Points through the Front Panel
- Programmable Pass/Fail
- Expandable Functionality
- On Screen Help
- Configurable Timer Settings, such as Dwell Times
- User Accessible Source Connectors
- Easy to Use
- Single Mode, Multimode, FTTX
The MaxTester 940/945 Fibre Certifier OLTS is the first tablet-inspired test solution that has been specifically designed to certify fibre cabling in data centres and enterprise networks. The unit’s intuitive Windows-like user interface ensures a minimal learning curve.
The MaxTester 940/945 Fibre Certifier offers icon-based functions, instant boot-up, as well as onboard assistance and onboard professional reporting.
- 7-inch high resolution touchscreen–the widest screen on the market
- Leading FasTesT™ performances: certifies two fibres at two wavelengths under three seconds
- Onboard assistant and diagnosis to eliminate reference errors and negative loss
- Built-in Encircled-Flux compliancy as per ANSI/TIA and ISO/IEC
- 100% automated fibre inspection: one-step process with pass/fail analysis at both ends of the fibre
- Certifies against multiple industry standards at once
- Onboard professional PDF reporting
- Results batch processing with FastReporter 2 software
- Best-in-class singlemode distance range of 160 km
- EXFO Connect-ready for cloud-based test assets management
- Three-year peace-of-mind warranty and calibration interval
Optical Explorer - industry's first optical fibre multimeter
Fibre optic tester that performs link verification and automated fault tracking in seconds. Empowering frontline technicians to explore further and do more.
Evaluate the quality of fiber links in seconds.
An innovative, fast and simple-to-use fibre optic tester, Optical Explorer verifies optical links in seconds and automatically explores further when potential issues are suspected. It’s the first optical fibre multimeter (OFM)—an essential handheld tool for fibre optic technicians (it can be compared to multimeters used by electrical technicians). OFMs quickly measure multiple key optical parameters such as loss (dB), optical return loss (dB), length (meters) and power (dBm). They help technicians verify fibre optic link health and troubleshoot potential issues.
Empower frontline fiber technicians to do more, faster.
Cut hidden costs to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO)
Hidden costs throughout a product’s life make up a massive, yet sometimes overlooked, part of TCO. And it includes more than just the initial purchase price.
Optical Explorer’s lifetime calibration, patent-pending click-out optical connector and field replaceable battery empower field techs to do more directly from the field, cutting costly downtime and logistics associated with factory-based updates, maintenance and repairs.