The OP725 is an optical switch for single mode or multimode applications available in a slim-line, half-rack enclosure. This optical switch is USB powered and incorporates the latest technology in high-speed switching. With high repeatability and low loss, the OP725 is ideally suited for bidirectional testing.
Paired with our OP940 Insertion & Return Loss Meter, operators can make quick work of measuring both ends of cables in a truly bidirectional manner.
The OP725 can be connected to the OP940 via USB to allow control of bidirectional switching via the OP940’s front panel controls or in OPL-PRO software.
It can also be used in more complex, multi-instrument configurations with other OptoTest instruments
(for example, an OP710) and OPL-MAX / OPL-LOG software.
- Fully automated, concurrent dual wavelength IL and RL measurements with no mandrel wrapping
- Bidirectional operation; measuring total insertion loss and individual return loss
- External power meter for uni-directional operation
- On-board, InGaAs optical power meter features measurement range reaching -65dBm
- Available in multimode and single mode
- Quad-wavelength (FTTX) single mode model also available upon request
- Controlled launch condition (underfill, fully filled, overfill) available for multimode fiber
- Wide dynamic range on return loss measurements: 10dB to 80dB for single mode 10dB to 58dB for multimode
- Can be controlled remotely via USB using OPL series software or OptoTest DLLs
- Integrated temperature monitoring
- Convenient benchtop size (19-inch rackmount frame available upon request)