The singlemode or multimode MPO products available from SENKO are multifibre connections used in high-density backplane and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) applications in data and telecommunications systems. The MPO connector offers up to 12 times the density of standard connectors, providing significant space and cost savings.
MPO connectors utilize precision molded MT ferrules, with metal guide pins and precise housing dimensions to ensure fiber alignment when mating. The MPO can be mass terminated in combinations of 4, 8, or 12 fiber ribbon cables. The MPO Adapter comes standard in black.
- Precision moulded MT ferrule
- High precision guide pins for exact alignment
- Compact design, up to 24 fibre ribbons
- IEC 61754-7 Compliant
- Telcordia GR-1435-CORE compliant
- Polishing does not require diamond film
- Parallel optical interconnect between PC cards and patch panels
- Interconnection for O/E modules
- Optical Switch interframe connections
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Active Device / Transceiver Interface
- Premise Installations
- Telecommunication Networks
- Industrial & Military
US Conec manufactures durable MTP® brand connectors that provide quick connection for up to 72 optical fibres.
Connection integrity is provided by adapter latches which are locked into place on the connector plug by a spring loaded sliding mechanism. Precision alignment is achieved with patented guide pins combined with the tightly controlled guide pin holes on US Conec’s MT ferrules.
Removable housings allow for quick change of gender, ferrule cleaning, interferometry or connector re-polishing. US Conec’s MTP brand connector components are fully compliant with IEC Standard 61754-7 and TIA 604-5 – Type MPO.
Patented floating ferrule design ensures fibre contact integrity
- Terminates ribbon fibre or loose individual fibres
- Designed for low loss and standard loss SM and MM applications
- Patented elliptical guide pin tip to minimize ferrule debris
- Ruggedized round cable, oval cable and bare ribbon options available
- Compatible with US Conec MT ferrules in fibre counts 4 - 24
- Colour coded housings available to differentiate fibre type, polish type and/or connector grade
- Housing is removable for quick change of pin clamps and easy ferrule cleaning / re-polishing
- Alignment achieved with high precision guide pins
- No-epoxy housing design
- Family of bulkhead adapters available
- Keyed/Coloured for security or Network Segregating available
US Conec has developed a versatile, cost effective, next generation connector family optimized for direct interface to equipment densely populated with mid-board mounted, multimode or singlemode optical modules. Supporting a varied selection of link designs, the newly released MXC® connector platform is optimized for expanded beam PRIZM® MT ferrules providing for a more robust and debris insensitive interface compared to existing solutions. The platform is also compatible with traditional physical contact MT ferrules making it ideal for a wide variety of equipment interface applications.
Compared to existing optical connector solutions, the unique plug and receptacle design provides increased density with fewer components, making it cost effective and ideal for new equipment card edge requirements driven by implementation of embedded, mid-board optics modules. PCB space consumption on the inside of the equipment is minimized by combining the traditional adapter and on-card plug into one simple, condensed, single piece housing.
Future variants of the platform support a wide variety of configurations including strain relief at the individual ferrule level or mass strain relief of multiple ferrules within a single cable unit. US Conec’s novel alignment design enables scaling to 8 or more ferrules in a single connector embodiment for front panel bulkhead or blind mating.
- Optimized for point to point, equipment card interface applications
- Debris insensitive resulting in high reliability
- Supports a wide variety of link designs in both multimode and singlemode
- High Density:
- 59% PCB area
- 40% Faceplate area
- Reduced complexity plug BOP
- Fewer components with traditional adapter eliminated
- One piece receptacle becomes part of the internal Tx/Rx to bulkhead jumper
- Future offering will include ganged insertion and blind mate variants
- Optimized for US Conec’s new expanded beam PRIZM® MT ferrule technology