The Simplex MFM Fibre Optic range has been specifically designed to operate in Harsh Environments. The rugged, anti-vibration, corrosion resistant design ensures high environmental and optical performance in a variety of applications in the air, on land, and above / below sea.
The MFM series connector is designed for either singlemode or multimode applications and offers a range of variants to suit different types of ruggedised cabling.
- PC ceramic ferrule with a ceramic alignment sleeve to reduce insertion loss
- Based on MIL-DTL-38999 III #13
- Simple termination of sub assembly due to one piece construction
- Lightweight, minimal panel footprint
- Anti-vibration coupling mechanism
- Keyed shells and ferrules for optimum repeatability.
- Environmentally sealed
- RFI Receptacle gasket
- Manufactured in ARCAP for corrosion resistance.
A high performance singleway connector designed, qualified and widely deployed in harsh environment aerospace environments.
- Manufactured to comply with Eurofighter specification (J62.710)
- Qualified to JN1055
- High performance optical contacts
- Rugged construction for high reliability in harsh environments
- Manufactured from Arcap to ensure good resistance to corrosion
- Anti-vibration coupling mechanism
- Easily accessible fibre faces for cleaning and maintenance
- Six keyway orientations available
A rugged military version of the standard fibre optic ST connector used to provide reliable ST connectivity in environments where shock and vibration may be encountered.
Various versions of connectors and adapters are available to meet a broad range of specific needs and system requirements. The M83522 connector is qualified for military applications and features a higher spring force than commercial ST connectors, allowing it to meet the shock requirements of MIL-C-83522.
- Super and Ultra-PC polish capabilities
- High grade stainless steel body (17-4 SS) with zirconia ceramic ferrule and fungus-resistant self-extinguishing boot
- Superior optical performance in extreme environmental conditions
- MIL-qualified series: high spring force for shock and vibration resistant critical in military applications
- Navy approved COTS: for moderate shock and vibration environments
After 25 years, the Diamond AVIM™ connector is joining forces with new AVIM™ products to become the AVIM™ Family. Designed and developed for applications that require high optical performance, coupled with vibration, shock and temperature enhanced resistance.
The new AVIM™ Family is comprised of the products shown in below photo.
In addition, all of the AVIM™ mating adapters and accessories, such as hybrid mating adapters, Interface Modules (IMOD) or multipurpose adapter systems (MAS) are now part of the AVIM™ Family.
- AVIM™ heritage space fibre optic connector
- Midi AVIM™ titanium compact cable fibre optic connector
- Mini AVIM™ small and light internal space fibre optic connector
- Micro AVIM™ titanium PC board fibre optic connector
The new DIAMOND PM+ product line was developed following customer demand for improved power extinction ration (PER), coupled with ultra-low insertion loss (IL). The PM+ product line is available with the DIAMOND E-2000™, DMI and Mini AVIM™ connectors. These connectors incorporate an orientation keying system that allows for a very high PER. Several configurations have been confirmed for wavelengths of 532nm and 1550nm. Other connectors showing larger orientation keying tolerance are still well served by our standard PM product line.
Polarization-maintaining optical fibers are used in specialty applications often found in fiber optic sensing, metrology and laser technology. They are also commonly used in telecommunications, when polarized light is required at the input. In addition, polarization maintaining is expanding rapidly into other markets, such as industrial environments, medical science, surveillance & security and more. DIAMOND supplies high-quality solutions to polarization maintaining (PM) and polarizing (PZ) fiber optical interfaces for optimal control of the signal’s polarization state. Low insertion losses (IL), combined with high polarization extinction ratios (PER) and very high return losses (RL) are achieved over very broad spectral ranges, due to a combination of accurate optical and mechanical design.
AVIO/AVIM are multipurpose, Commercial Off-The-Shelf fiber optic connectors offering high optical performance and qualified for the dynamic environments of mobile platforms, including avionics and aerospace.
- Compact, low profile and lightweight
- environmentally robust, Zirconia/Copper-nickel alloy insert ferrules
- miniaturized MIL-style ratchet system with vibration/shock tolerances to 46 G’s.
- Temperature test according to EIA/TIA 455-3A/4B. Lifetime test according to EIA/TIA 455-21A.
The Mini-AVIM connector has been developed after market request of a smaller and lighter version of our acclaimed AVIM connector for harsh environment, especially space applications. The Mini-AVIM combines two leading edge technologies: the AVIM MIL style ratchet system and the base construction of Diamond Micro Interface (DMI) connector. Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) availability and economy backed by quick turnaround of terminations and assemblies. The Mini-AVIM is aligned precisely in rotation and therefore it can be used for both standard SM and MM fibres, as well as for PM technologies and multi-fiber ferrules. Our Power Solution (PS) technology can also be applied to this connector.