The OP940-SW is a multichannel insertion loss (IL) and return loss (RL) meter designed for testing ribbon cables and multi-pin termini. It features a colour LCD screen, an optical reflectance scan mode, programmable pass/fail for editable test criteria and on screen context help. Additionally, the OP940 can measure return loss (RL) at two positions simultaneously through the front panel and it offers expandable functionality. As with our other IL/RL systems, the OP940 measures RL quickly and accurately without the need for mandrel wrapping or the use of index matching gel, and is available in Single Mode, Multimode, and FTTX variants.
By incorporating a high-quality MEMS optical switch, the OP940-SW is able to quickly and accurately test multichannel cables. It can be built with 4 and up to 24 channels and all source connectors are easily accessible to minimize downtime on high volume production lines in case of optical end-face damage.
- Measures Multi-fibre and Ribbon Cables in Seconds
- Produces All-In-One Cable Datasheet
- Front Panel Optical Reflectance Trace for each Channel
- Set Return Loss Reference Position and Value
- Measures Return Loss at Multiple Connection Points through the Front Panel
- Programmable Pass/Fail
- Expandable Functionality
- On Screen Help
- Configurable Timer Settings, such as Dwell Times
- User Accessible Source Connectors
- Easy to Use
- Single Mode, Multimode, FTTX