OptoTest’s OP-SPHR Integrating Sphere is designed as a cost-effective solution for optical testing of fibres terminated with high-density connectors such as MTP®/MPO or bare fibre. The Integrating Sphere works by reflecting and evenly distributing the light over the entire surface of the internal cavity, making Insertion Loss (IL) measurements stable and repeatable with low polarization dependence.
The screw-on design is ideal for implementing into new or existing Test Systems to accommodate up to 72 fibres and can be used with all OptoTest 1mm and 3mm detector designs.
- Uniform distribution of light on the detector results in superior accuracy
- Operating range (+20dBm to -50dBm)
- Interchangeable between detectors without affecting accuracy or repeatability
- Interfaces to existing 1mm and 3mm detectors, front mount or remote head
- Adapters for all common connector types including MTP®, 1.25mm, and 2.5mm Magnetic connections on the adapters make them easily exchangeable
- Built-in screw hole allows for optional added rigidity
- Bare fibre adapters available for simplex or ribbon fibre
- No calibration of the sphere needed