The Domaille APM-HDC-5400 is the most accurate, technologically advanced polishing machine in the market today. Like all Domaille brand machines, designed with a rigid fixture system that is far superior to floating fixture systems. Specially designed for complex multifibre applications like MPO or MTP, this polisher allows you to program your polishing processes through an easy-to-use PC-based Windows-like full-colour touch screen panel. Once programmed, the panel displays your settings for speed, time, and pressure, and prompts the operator for the film, pad, and lubricant needed for each step of the process.
The APM-HDC-5400 also has fully programmable pressure and speed ramp rates for slow starting and stopping the polishing process. Programmable film change counters and a maintenance section are incorporated for alerting operators when to change film or provide service to the machine. If the number of connectors loaded into the polishing fixture is less than the default that has been programmed, the automatic pressure adjustment feature allows the operator to enter the actual number of connectors loaded. The required pressure is then automatically recalculated to ensure that the individual connector force remains constant regardless of the number of connectors assumed in the process definition.
The APM-HDC-5400 continues to provide the capability to copy and store processes to a USB. The USB can be used to back-up your defined processes and to copy processes from one machine to another. This not only saves process setup time for each machine, but also ensures consistent process settings.
- Polishing pressure capability up to 24lbs (107N)
- Bi-directional polishing platen capability for increased process flexibility
- Abrasave+ software features for maximization of film life
- Auto-Start on polishing steps allows users to polish with multiple pressures and speeds for a single film. Great for denubbing & roughing epoxy beads
- Improved overarm handle for better ergonomics, reliability, and quality
- Illuminated arm pushbutton displaying machine status by colour code
- Enlarged overarm with bevelled sides to maintain accuracy while adding cable clearance
- Redesigned overarm latch shaft for reduced friction and improved reliability
- Integrated Micro-G® controls for “zero” pressure polishing to specific lengths
- Built-in alert horn for operator notifications
- PC-based full-colour capacitive touch screen programmable interface for defining and storing unlimited processes and for easy-to-use, error-free operation
- USB used for machine-to-machine process replication and process backup
- Automatic pressure adjustment to account for a varying number of connectors inserted in the polishing fixture
- Operator step-by-step prompts for film, pad type, and lubricant
- Password protection of system configuration, process configuration, and process transfer modules
- Force, speed, and time displays on the touch screen panel for feedback of process step specific settings
- Programmable pressure and speed ramp for soft starting polishing cycle
- Programmable film change counter
- Programmable maintenance section
- Pneumatically-controlled polishing pressure provides consistent polishing force regardless of ferrule length
- Pivoting overarm provides easy cleaning of fixtures between steps and quick change of fixtures
- Standard 5" platen with 8" option provides flexibility in fixture capacity and polishing film size
- Drip tray & splash guard swivels in for quick and easy cleaning of fixtures between steps
- Quick-change fixtures support all industry standard connector types, both single and multiple fiber (Fixtures sold separately)
- Available in English, German, Mandarin, Polish, & Spanish
International Use and CE Certification
The APM-HDC-5400 satisfies universal power requirements. The machine safely operates within a range of 100-240 VAC and 50/60Hz. A changeable IAC connector is supplied with the machine.
Additionally, the APM-HDC-5400 complies with directives of the European Union and is CE certified.