The T-BERD 6000 is a compact and lightweight test platform designed for the installation and maintenance of fiber networks. It offers field service technicians the highest levels of performance and upgradeability on the market. Modular in design, the T-BERD 6000 offers an extensive portfolio of test functionality, with over 40 different fiber modules supporting a wide range of applications, and is a single source for future fiber and photonic testing needs.
- Compact and lightweight for the field.
- Future proof with over 40 application modules already supported.
- Choose from IL/ORL, OTDR, PMD, CD, or WDM plug-in modules.
- Application modules compatible with T-BERD 8000.
- Backwards compatibility with existing MTS-5000 family OTDR modules.
- Simple for the novice, fully featured for the expert.
- Lightweight platform: only 2.4kg/5.3 lbs.
- Large 8.4 inch transreflective TFT color display improves viewing under any conditions.
- Intuitive graphical user interface with touchscreen option.
- Extended battery life using smart Lithium ion cell.
- Connection Check with VFL, power meter, Loss Test Set/ ORL meter and video inspection scope options. Built-in optical talkset option for communicating along the fibre.
- Unique automatic bi-directional analysis function available to save up to 50% test time for OTDR, IL, and ORL measurements.
- Fast data transfer via USB, Ethernet port and 1Gb extended memory option.
- Comprehensive suite of PC software tools for post-processing of test results with FiberTrace (OFS-100) and FiberCable (OFS-200).
MTS TBERD® 6000
The T-BERD 8000 is a field-scalable optical test platform for both installation and maintenance. Based on the rich T-BERD heritage, the T-BERD 8000 is the industry's most innovative and cost-effective test solution for metro networks. A single Transport Module provides an integrated solution for Ethernet, SONET, SDH, PDH, and T-carrier networks. Optical Modules allow thorough testing of short-haul, long-haul, FTTx, CWDM, DWDM and ROADM networks.
- Practically unlimited field modularity means that you can match any requirement for test function, size, weight, or price.
- Compact design starting at 7.6 lb (3.4 kg) exceeds Telcordia requirements for durability and transport.
- Multiple test functions are available directly on the base unit to improve productivity and free application module space.
- Connector check functions with power meter, VFL, and video microscope options are available.
- Existing MTS-5000 optical modules are compatible with the T-BERD 8000.
- Configure with numerous application modules and a variety of storage media, including USB memory stick, and read/write CD-ROM.
- All application modules are field-installable so that existing MTS-5000 users can simply field install the optical plug-in by adding an extender.
- A Large color transreflective display is offered as standard for improved visibility for use in direct sunlight. A touchscreen option is available.
- Extended battery life with up to 2 Lithium ion cells.
- Base unit can house Visual Fault Locator (635 nm), Power Meter (800 to 1650 nm),Loss Test Set/ORL meter, as well as Optical Talkset (45 dB) options
- Optical Talkset allows both communication and file transfer.
- Comprehensive suite of PC software tools for post-processing of test results via FiberTrace (OFS-100) and FiberCable (OFS-200).
MTS TBERD® 8000