MTP / MPO Test Solutions
Tech Optics offers complete and tailored solutions for measuring insertion loss and return loss on multi-fibre connectors, such as MTP/MPO and MXC™.
These solutions not only provide the most accurate results possible, they speed up and simplify the testing process. Additionally, each system is specially designed to maximize the efficiency for standard and custom applications.
The compact multichannel OP940 is an internally switched Insertion Loss (IL) and Return Loss (RL) meter designed for MPO/MTP® testing. With a design that reduces setup time, cost, risk, and footprint, the OP940-CSW is the evolution of the MPO/MTP® testing experience that is used worldwide by industry leaders. The fastest and most accurate IL and RL test system in the industry is better than ever.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Simplified Test Setup
The compact multichannel OP940 measures quickly and accurately without the use of mandrels or index matching gel.
Fastest IL/RL Measurement
A 12 channel, dual wavelength, IL and RL test with the compact multichannel OP940 takes less than 40 seconds.
The compact design of the OP940-CSW significantly reduces time and cost. With an MPO/MTP® front panel interface, there is no need to use expensive fanout cables that over-complicate the cable setup. The reference and measurement processes are faster, more efficient, and less prone to error than ever before.
Most Accurate RL Measurement
The compact size of the OP940-CSW was achieved without compromising quality or accuracy. By making use of a wide dynamic range (SM, FTTX: -10dB to -80dB) for RL measurements, the OP940-CSW is able to adjust for attenuation in the reference setup, which results in the most accurate RL results in the industry.
(* MTP is a registered trademark of US Conec Ltd)
To discuss your fibre optic test requirements please contact our expert team on +(0)1732 770 456 or email@example.com
The OP415 was designed to test 24-fibre MTP®/MPO cable assemblies efficiently, but it can easily be configured for 8-fibre and 12-fibre testing. It comes pre-loaded with 12-fibre and 24-fibre polarity types A, B, and C plus the ability to create and store custom fibre mappings and channel configurations. Alternatively, the OP415 can learn polarity types from existing cables and store those for future use.
- Test 24 fibre cables for polarity in 1.5 seconds
- Replaceable front panel cartridges for use with 16, 12, or 8 fibre MTP®/MPO configurations
- Test for polarity types A, B, C or custom configurations: (1) Simple Pass/Fail of predefined polarity type (2) or identify cable polarity type
- Learns polarity types from existing cables and stores your custom polarity for instant retrieval
- Visual Fault Finder with 24 individual bright red 650nm lasers help with visual channel recognition and routine
- Especially useful with round non-color-coded fibers; simply terminate one end and use the VFL feature to identify channels for second connector termination
- Power level display provides valuable feedback on the quality of the termination per channel
- Built-in memory stores results for later analysis
- Full colour touchscreen shows fibre mapping graphically for rapid production
OP415 Laser Sources, Red Visible Light 24 Optical Interface Source: SM MTP APC male Receive: MM MTP APC male Internal Fiber Source: 9/125μm Receive: 62.5/125μm Laser Wavelength 650nm Output Power (Typical) 1.0 mW Power Supply +9VDC 5A Data Interface USB 2.0 Dimensions 8.5” x 3.5” x 10” Test Time (24f) < 1.5s
OptoTest’s OP480MT MultiFibre Polarity Tester automates testing for broken and crossed fibres with immediate and easy-to-read results. When used in conjunction with the OP280MT Ribbon Visual Fault Locator, the OP480MT quickly displays results for many different ribbon configurations and channel counts including type A, B, C, and Universal. Additionally, it can be configured with a user-defined custom mapping via utility software.
Since it uses a non-contact method of testing, the OP480MT reduces the number of times a cable must be connected during production. With fast testing time and customizable configurations, it can greatly reduce major bottlenecks in the production process. Once connected, polarity and continuity are identified almost instantaneously.
The OP480MT and OP280MT are available individually or as part of a kit—the OP-POLARITYKIT-12—which will include the OP480MT, OP280MT, launch and receive optical cables for male and female, mating adapters, cleaning tools, software, portable power pack in a carrying case.
- Fully automated
- Tests up to 12 channels in under a second
- No physical contact during measurement
- Works with single mode & multimode cables
- Configurations to test multiple pinouts for 12 channel, 8 channel, and 4 channel cables, as well
as custom channel counts and mappings
- Charges via USB port
- Up to 90 hours of continuous use on a single charge
OP480MT Detection Modes Manual, Auto Detect* Auto Detected Polarities Type A,B,C, and Universal presets** plus
Optical Interface MTP/MPO APC male Internal Fiber 62.5µm Detector Relative Sensitivity at 650nm -30dB Compatible Source Wavelength Range 650nm to 1050nm Internal Battery Li-ion 900mAh Power Supply & Charge +5VDC 1A, fast charge Communication & Charge USB 2.0, charging up to 1A Dimensions 8.5” x 3.5” x 1.2” Weight 1.23lbs (0.56kg)
OptoTest’s OP-SPHR Integrating Sphere is designed as a cost-effective solution for optical testing of fibres terminated with high-density connectors such as MTP®/MPO or bare fibre. The Integrating Sphere works by reflecting and evenly distributing the light over the entire surface of the internal cavity, making Insertion Loss (IL) measurements stable and repeatable with low polarization dependence.
The screw-on design is ideal for implementing into new or existing Test Systems to accommodate up to 72 fibres and can be used with all OptoTest 1mm and 3mm detector designs.
- Uniform distribution of light on the detector results in superior accuracy
- Operating range (+20dBm to -50dBm)
- Interchangeable between detectors without affecting accuracy or repeatability
- Interfaces to existing 1mm and 3mm detectors, front mount or remote head
- Adapters for all common connector types including MTP®, 1.25mm, and 2.5mm Magnetic connections on the adapters make them easily exchangeable
- Built-in screw hole allows for optional added rigidity
- Bare fibre adapters available for simplex or ribbon fibre
- No calibration of the sphere needed
The OP280MT is designed to check for breaks in a ribbon fibre and to verify correct polarity of ribbon fibre connectors, hybrid cables and distribution boxes quickly and conveniently. Each of the twelve fibre is illuminated with bright 635nm red LASERs.
The Ribbon Fibre Visual Fault Locator can be used for single mode or multimode applications and is pre-programmed with various sequences for automatic or individual scanning of each fibre. User defined patterns can be programmed via the USB data port.
Note: Included with each OP280MT is a 30cm SAVer cable available in either male or female MTP connectors. This will help prevent the output interface from potential damage or premature replacement which can create significant downtime. The SAVer cable can simply be re-polished or reordered from Tech Optics whenever it becomes damaged.
- 12 Individual red LASERs; one per fibre
- Use for fault location at least one kilometer
- Internal rechargeable battery
- USB operation
- Programmable patterns for the various connection types
Laser Sources, red visible light
MTP/MPO APC male or female
Output Power (Typical)
0.50 mW into 9/125
Power Supply & Charge
+5VDC 1A, fast charge
Data Interface & Charge
USB 2.0, charging @100mA
8.5” x 3.5” x 1.2”
The OP940-SW is a multichannel insertion loss (IL) and return loss (RL) meter designed for testing ribbon cables and multi-pin termini. It features a colour LCD screen, an optical reflectance scan mode, programmable pass/fail for editable test criteria and on screen context help. Additionally, the OP940 can measure return loss (RL) at two positions simultaneously through the front panel and it offers expandable functionality. As with our other IL/RL systems, the OP940 measures RL quickly and accurately without the need for mandrel wrapping or the use of index matching gel, and is available in Single Mode, Multimode, and FTTX variants.
By incorporating a high-quality MEMS optical switch, the OP940-SW is able to quickly and accurately test multichannel cables. It can be built with 4 and up to 24 channels and all source connectors are easily accessible to minimize downtime on high volume production lines in case of optical end-face damage.
- Measures Multi-fibre and Ribbon Cables in Seconds
- Produces All-In-One Cable Datasheet
- Front Panel Optical Reflectance Trace for each Channel
- Set Return Loss Reference Position and Value
- Measures Return Loss at Multiple Connection Points through the Front Panel
- Programmable Pass/Fail
- Expandable Functionality
- On Screen Help
- Configurable Timer Settings, such as Dwell Times
- User Accessible Source Connectors
- Easy to Use
- Single Mode, Multimode, FTTX
The mORL-A1 is a powerful, compact Insertion Loss and Optical Return Loss meter for use with the VIAVI advanced MAP-200 platform. One single-slot module contains up to four sources (1310, 1490, 1550, 1625 nm), integrated power meter and an optional 2x2 optical switch for automated bidirectional testing.
- Mandrel-free optical return loss measurements on fibre-optic patchcords as short as 70 cm with 80 dB dynamic range
- Fast, compact solution with 1310, 1490, 1550 and 1625 nm laser and automated bidirectional option in a single slot
- Measures ORL on terminated bulkheads
- Ultra high IL measurement accuracy with display resolution of ±0.001 dB
- Flexible turn-key software platform for manufacturing testing
- Quick measure mode for R&D users
- 12- and 24-fibre MT-ready with optical switch and integrating sphere option
- Designed for field maintenance